Academic Year 2012-2013
The part one minutes of Governing Body meetings are posted on this page as and when they have been agreed by the Governing Body. Please click the date below to view the minutes.
|9th October 2012||Full Governing Body Minutes||Please click here to download|
Academic Year 2010-2011
2010 – 2011 has been a very busy and productive time for the governing body:
Recently the main areas of work for the Children’s Committee have included:
• Monitoring the implementation of a new data tracking system which will enable teachers to better analyse assessment data in order to see pupils’ progress towards their targets.
• Monitoring the development of teacher assessment of children’s writing and monitoring the progress of children’s writing in every year group.
• Monitoring the development of teaching across the school.
• Monitoring the development of the Special Needs work in the school and the impact of the Home School Link Worker.
• Monitoring the views of parents that were given in parental surveys and ensuring that the school is addressing the issues that were raised.
• Monitoring the development and implementation of the new curriculum and RE across the school.
• Developing links with the University music department and Guildford County School music department in order to enhance the music provision in the school.
• Reviewing and monitoring the implementation of various policies including the Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Policy, The Monitoring Policy, and The Sex and Relationships Policy.
Finance and Staffing Committee:
The main areas of work over the past year have been:
• Advising on and agreeing the school budget for the next financial year with all the uncertainties that have come with the national budget cuts.
• Advising on and agreeing the purchase of various new resources for the school especially ICT resources.
• Monitoring the budget for the current year.
• Monitoring the review of the staff appraisal process.
• Overseeing the appointment of the new Deputy Headteacher and monitoring and advising on the overall staffing situation.
• Reviewing and monitoring the implementation of many different policies including Finance Policy and Performance Management Policy.
Premises, Health and Safety Committee:
The main business for this committee, in addition to the regular health and safety checks, has been:
• Overseeing the implementation of the new safeguarding measures.
• Overseeing the renovation of the pool.
• Overseeing the planned redevelopment of the changing room area.
• Overseeing the planned redevelopment of the front entrance to include disabled access.
• Putting together a long term plan for premises upkeep and development
• Developing the potential for hiring out the school facilities
Working parties have also been formed to:
• Produce a new look school brochure and parents handbook
• Carry out a comprehensive review of the school’s residential trips
The governing body have also been fully involved in producing and agreeing the school development plan, the main points of which can be found in the School News section of this website.